Monday, July 26, 2010

baby boy shower

My sister had a baby boy in June, which was an absolute miracle from God. She and her husband dealt with infertility for 5 years before conceiving. We are so excited for her – the first boy in our whole family! He is definitely fearfully and wonderfully made. (Isn't he cute? The picture above was created with elements from a free digiscrap kit from Digital Freebies.) Of course, her baby shower was a very meaningful event. I had fun designing a bunch of stuff for the shower. And I definitely got my money's worth out of my Silhouette digital cutter.

The invitation and Thank You notes (using elements from a digital scrapbooking kit from Shabby Princess)...


Banners for decorations (we had an ocean theme)...

 The signs for the shower and games...
For the “Name the Baby” game I found a cute onesie shape from the Silhouette online library and diecut pretty paper for writing name suggestions.

 The baby shoe party favors filled with M&M’s - also a shape on the Silhouette online library. I've seen plastic ones at the party store (no assembly required), but paper is so much cooler...

I had a bunch of extra material I was able to use to make cards...

My sis labored for 17 hours before having a c-section. The recovery was difficult at first, but she's doing much better now. I know the joy of bonding with her new baby will make her forget any pain she felt (eventually). She and her husband have begun the sanctifying process of being parents. The Lord surely knows how to build character in us!

"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."  Philippians 1:6

11 comments:

  1. Congrats to you Auntie Angeli! And to your sister and brother-in-law. It is always so amazing to hear of people who faithfully trust in the Lord's will for them and the blessing it brings. Yay for a boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What creative ideas!! I LOVE the little shoe favours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have the number of the silhouette booties? I can't find them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry the original link didn't work for you. Here is the new one...
      http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/?page=view-shape&id=7903

      Delete
  4. Very nice games as Baby Shower Games are the most popular games that mothers like to play. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! Lovely baby shower. I loved the entire arrangements especially the cute paper boots. They are really adorable. Want to have a wonderful baby shower for my niece at one of San Francisco event venues. Planning to use this paper boots idea there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I am wondering if the download for the baby booties can be downloaded into cricut design center?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I'm not sure how the cricut design center works, but on the silhouette website you can purchase the "SVG bundle" of this shape for $1.49. I'm not sure how membership works if you own a different brand cutter. It's worth a look:
    http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/?page=view-shape&id=7903
    Maybe I should make my own and put it on my Etsy site! If I do, I will reply to your comment again. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angeli,

      Would you be willing to email an SVG copy of this to me. I can send you payment through paypal?

      Thanks,
      Nora

      Delete
    2. Hi Nora,
      I'm sorry I can't email you a copy of the file because it only works in my Silhouette Studio library and my purchase of this shape is for "personal, non-transferable" purposes. You can sign up for a free Silhouette account and purchase the SVG bundle through them. Today I saw that the baby shoe shape is 50% off, only $.74. Here's the link:
      http://www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/?page=view-shape&id=7903

      Delete